On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 23:53:08 +0100, Mark Allan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:
>>On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:02 AM, Matt Neuburg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>>  Wrap each call to setApplicationIconImage in an autorelease pool creation
>>>  and release, like this:
>>>
>>>         NSAutoreleasePool *pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];
>>>         [NSApp setApplicationIconImage: whatever];
>>>         [pool release];
>>>
>>>  I think you'll find that solves the problem.

>Sorry, I should have said in my original message that I'd already
>tried that, and the autorelease pool did solve the problem.

Yes, that sure would have been a nice thing to do.

>At 6:24 pm -0400 08/08/2008, Sumner Trammell wrote:
>>Is the need for the autorelease pool because of the use of
>>setApplicationIconImage, or because of the array that is being used in
>>conjunction with setApplicationIconImage?

>Your idea of removing the
>array from the equation also solves the leak and I suspect is more
>efficient than creating and releasing a tonne of autorelease pools.

Really? Can you explain what "removing the array from the equation" has to
do with the memory behavior you're seeing? m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = [EMAIL PROTECTED], <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!