It doesn't seem to make sense to use the script suite stuff to receive the URL event.. shouldn't it be used for scripting only? Or am I mistaken?

On Aug 9, 2008, at 3:03 PM, Uli Kusterer wrote:
I see some implementations use -[NSAppleEventManager setEventHandler:andSelector:forEventClass:andEventID:]; with kInternetEventClass and kAEGetURL, and they implement a method (passed into the selector): - (void)handleURLEvent: (NSAppleEventDescriptor *)event withReplyEvent: (NSAppleEventDescriptor *)replyEvent.
(...)
Another thing I've seen is adding a script suite and using performDefaultImplementation and [self directParameter] to get the URL.

When a URL is opened, an Apple Event of kInternetEventClass/ kAEGetURL is sent, containing the URL. If you want to handle the URL, you'll need to catch this somehow.

Cocoa AppleScript support is fairly new (I think 10.2 or 10.3 or thereabouts). So, depending on what system version your app has as its minimal requirement, you'll either use NSAppleEventManager (which is the older class, AFAIK) or the script suite. Instead of performDefaultImplementation, I think you could also just create an NSScriptCommand or whatever the class was called. Whatever feels cleaner to you.