On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Markus Spoettl
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So I'd really really like to completely switch animation off for the
> collection view if that is possible. Is it?

Dunno if it's possible.  If you want to try to hack around it, see if
NSCollectionView posts any notifications when it's starting to
animate.  Then have your views listen for those notifications and, in
-drawRect:, draw some sort of cached bitmap representation or other
efficient output.

HTH,
--Kyle Sluder