On 12 Aug 2008, at 10:39 am, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
I just want to sort a simple mutable array of strings. So what should
the key be? There is no property I want to sort on, the string itself
*is* the property. But if I leave the key field blank the table just
keeps accumulating broken sort descriptors so that's clearly not
right. I suspect I'm thinking too hard about this, but I'm just not
seeing it.

In this case, I'd pass @"self" as the key path.

Bingo! This was the obvious thing I was missing. I never realised that I could use self as a property but of course, why not?

Thanks, it's working great now.

cheers, Graham