What does the stack look like when you break on
auto_refcount_underflow_error?  After you break, you can do "call
(void)CFShow(<number goes here>)" with the number printed out in the
log message.  That should hopefully give you the type of the object,
which might help you determine where the issue is.

What do you mean when you say that only one object causes the problem?
 If that means you know what object it is, then can you show the code
where you work with it?

-Ken