On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 4:42 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying to do some animation where each time drawRect is called it's
> drawing over what was previously drawn, but something is erasing the view.
>  I've setBackgroundColor for the window to clearColor so it's no longer
> drawing the default stripes but now it's erasing to black.

Two things:

1) If you do not completely fill your view with drawing, you must
override -isOpaque to return NO.
2) When -drawRect: is called, you are responsible for drawing anything
and everything that should be drawn in that rectangle.  You cannot
make any assumptions that anything is left in there from a previous
drawing operation.

--Kyle Sluder