On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 4:32 PM, Kyle Sluder
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 6:25 PM, David Springer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Seems like I am missing some rudimentary thing relative to the event
>> loop here.  But what?  Help?
>
> Why would you do this?  The run loop is already running.
>
> --Kyle Sluder

Well, no it isn't.  What I want to do is put up this panel (the button
is "Cancel") then go off and do a lengthy http request.  This all has
to look like a synchronous operation to the calling code (legacy
reasons).  So I do have a reason to want to service events outside of
the "normal" event loop, even though it might be a very good one.

- D.S.