On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 6:43 PM, Quincey Morris
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Lastly, before I shut up, in both Markus's question and the thread that Adam
> referred to, the idea was to trigger a KVO update when the property value
> was known to have *not* changed. In those circumstances, I still believe,
> the "emptiness" of the willChange/didChange is moot -- if triggering a KVO
> update is the correct thing to do in that case, then calling
> willChange/didChange is a valid way to do it in that case.

Right, but why are you doing this? If the value hasn't changed, then
there should be no point in triggering a KVO update, because the
entire purpose of a KVO update is to notify when the value changes.
Needing to send such an empty update is indicative of some sort of
problem with your code.

Mike