Hey everybody,

I've got a situation I'm kind of puzzling over. If I run my program though leaks, I'm getting a leak at a certain point, but where it's coming from is really confusing me.

I've pulled the urlRequest entirely out into a new dummy program and I'm still getting a leak here.

This is the code I'm using:

- (IBAction)makeConnection {

  // Set up fields for request
NSString *headerFieldName = [NSString stringWithString:@"Content- Type"]; NSString *headerFieldValue = [NSString stringWithString:@"text/xml; charset=utf-8"];?

NSURL *url = [NSURL URLWithString:@"http://192.168.1.145/*****WebService/*****Service.asmx "]; NSString *soapAction = [NSString stringWithString:@"http://tempuri.org/Get***** "];

  NSData *body = [[NSString stringWithString:
@"<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"? ><soap:Envelope " @"xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance \" "
                   @"xmlns:xsd=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema\"; "
@"xmlns:soap=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/ \"><soap:Body>" @"<GetDashboard xmlns=\"http://tempuri.org/\"; /></ soap:Body></soap:Envelope>"]
                  dataUsingEncoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding];

  // Set up request
NSMutableURLRequest *myRequest = [[NSMutableURLRequest alloc] initWithURL:url]; [myRequest setValue:headerFieldValue forHTTPHeaderField:headerFieldName]; [myRequest setValue:soapAction forHTTPHeaderField:[NSString stringWithString:@"SOAPAction"]];
  [myRequest setHTTPBody:body];
  [myRequest setHTTPMethod:[NSString stringWithString:@"POST"]];
  [myRequest setTimeoutInterval:5]; // In seconds

  // Make request
  [NSURLConnection connectionWithRequest:myRequest delegate:self];
  NSLog(@"connection sent");

  [myRequest release];
}

and then if I run it using a leak I'm getting a leak, for example the last time I got a leak of size 3.58KB at 0.16 minutes (9.6 seconds).

The leak is as follows:

# Category Event Type Timestamp Address Size Responsible Library Responsible Caller 0 GeneralBlock -3584 Malloc 00:05.538 0x83b200 3584 CFNetwork httpWrFilterOpen 1 GeneralBlock -3584 Free 00:14.539 0x83b200 -3584 libSystem.B.dylib _pthread_body 2 GeneralBlock -2048 Realloc 00:14.703 0x83b200 2048 CFNetwork sendDidReceiveDataCallback

The weird part is as far as I can tell the memory in question is actually getting released! (at 14 seconds)

So is this some sort of weird false positive? Or am I missing something?

Thanks.

-L