Am Mo,18.08.2008 um 20:17 schrieb Carmen Cerino Jr.:

Does the id type have enough information for the respondsToSelector method to work. I have a class with an ivar of type id, and when I invoke the respondsToSelector method it fails when it should succeed. I am assuming it should work fine, because if I skip checking with the respondsToSelector method and just make the call, it executes the method. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
Since the whole dispatch is done by and only by the runtime (exception: messages to super) the rte holds the information. (The compiler only throws warnings, because he can proceed with his work. This is, because he does nothing else than checking!)

As others said:
a) We need a piece of code
b) Typo?

Cheers,