I generally am pretty good at web mining or hacking solutions to weird cocoa things, but this one has me a bit puzzled.

I want to use groups in an NSOutlineView that is set up with Source List highlighting. However, I am also using horizontal grid lines, and for some reason the drawing of the cell gets shifted down by a few points for groups which looks really bad relative to the horizontal grid lines.

Notes:
1. It doesn't happen for groups without Source List highlighting.
2. While the cell frame gets shifted, its not just the cell. The background drawn with the highlighting gets the same shift down.
3. Its an absolute shift - independent of the row height.

Any ideas of how to get rid of this? _______________________________________________