On 24/08/2008, at 2:30 PM, Scott Anguish wrote:

On 23-Aug-08, at 11:53 PM, Kieren Eaton wrote:

I have one minor question now that I am understanding bindings more.
Is is good policy to add an object controller instead of just binding directly to the class?

Yes. Especially when using text type objects. Depending on how you have the Value binding configured (the setting of Continuously Updates Value) you can lose data if you don't use an object controller.

To expand

if the Continuously Updates Value binding option on Value is disabled, and you don't use an object controller, when the text field resigns first responder you can lose the input. This is the role that the NSEditorRegistration and NSEditor protocols are involved with.

Thanks Scott

I appreciate  the clarification on that.  much appreciated

Kieren