Hi,

I have multiple DO connections to a "client" system over the LAN (technically, each of 4 systems is a server, but it doesn't much matter). The 4 systems check to ensure my system is alive by "pinging" it every few seconds with a simple - (BOOL)clientIsThere method. This ping routine runs in a separate runloop on the servers. Everything works great.

Now, if I press and hold a button (say, a popup button or any menu item) for more than the DO timeout, the servers don't get a response, and disconnect themselves. So users that aren't necessarily sure of what they're doing and need to look around for a bit, will loose their connections. I think the answer to this problem is to somehow put the client objects in a different thread, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there an easy fix?

Thanks,
Ben Einstein