ok thanks, I"ve added that link to my ever growing Cocoa bookmarks!!

I'm just writing a Quartz Composer plugin using the QCPlugIn API and ran into a problem regarding this, my question isn't related to the QCPlugIn API so I'm posting here first.

At the start of the plugin (in enableExecution) I use the code:

- (void) loadCardXMLData {
        NSString *dataPath = @"/data.plist";
cardsLoadedData = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithContentsOfFile: dataPath]; // cardsLoadedData = [[NSDictionary alloc] initWithContentsOfFile: dataPath];
        if(cardsLoadedData) {
                NSLog(@"*** SUCCESSFULLY LOADED %@", dataPath);
        } else {
                NSLog(@"*** COULD NOT LOAD %@", dataPath);

If I use the convenience route (with no release in disableExecution) I get a freeze (I need to force quit QC) as soon as I enable the plugin. If I use the alloc route (and release in disableExecution) everything works fine. Is this normal behaviour? or could it be QC related?

P.S. cardsLoadedData is a property of my QCPlugIn class, and I don't use it at all except at the end of execute I just send it out to QC with self.outputXMLData = cardsLoadedData;

Cheers,

Memo.