On 28 Aug 2008, at 22:15, Eric Gorr wrote:

On Aug 28, 2008, at 4:04 PM, Bob Sabiston wrote:

On Aug 27, 2008, at 8:30 PM, CocoaDev Admins wrote:

I've been given explicit instructions to enforce the non- disclosure agreement when moderating this list. So that's what I do.

The admins in the discussions groups should be following the same rules, and I've passed along the information.

um...thanks?

Yes. Thanks!

As I understand it, there are patent issues involved here. If Apple didn't enforce the NDA, it would mean real trouble and the potential loss of billions of dollars. It seems insane, but it the way things are. Quite frankly, if the moderators in the discussion groups aren't enforcing the NDA, they should be replaced immediately.

But an NDA can surely only be enforced for those who has signed it, which basically is those who has downloaded the SDK. So people who has not yet downloaded the SDK should be able to speak freely about the SDK (only that it wouldn't make much sense for them to do so).

Robert