On Aug 30, 2008, at 07:58, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm struggling with this very problem, can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Many Thanks

Amy

FROM : Rick Mann
DATE : Sun Jun 01 02:52:25 2008

I have an array controller in IB that is used by a popup menu in a
table view column. I would like those menu items to be sorted. Is
there a quick, mostly-IB way to configure that? The presence of a sort
descriptor binding for the NSArrayController makes me think it should
be pretty straightforward.

Typically, File's Owner for the nib file containing the array controller is a NSDocument, NSWindowController or NSViewController subclass, or your application delegate. Whichever it is, add a "mySortOrder" property to the File's Owner object class, and have it return an array of NSSortDescriptors that specify the content array object properties you want to sort on. Then bind the array controller's sort descriptors binding to File's Owner.mySortOrder.