On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 7:58 AM, D.K. Johnston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm a bit puzzled by the new NSInteger type. Should I be using this now
> instead of int? (I'm just as puzzled by NSUInteger, of course.)

It is a type that will change size as needed based on compiling for
32b or 64b. It is meant to store integers (NSInteger) or unsigned
integers (NSUInteger) with largest range possible for the bit depth
you are targeting.

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/Cocoa64BitGuide/64BitChangesCocoa/chapter_3_section_2.html>

CGFloat is a similar concept for floats.

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/Cocoa64BitGuide/64BitChangesCocoa/chapter_3_section_4.html>

-Shawn