Dear list,

I'm getting a linker error, and it's not a missing inclusion of a framework. I suspect it has to do with mixing .m and .mm files, but I'm actually pretty clueless.

This is the output from the build:

    "DGBoardRepFromGame(DGGame*, char*)", referenced from:
    -[DGTinyEngine setPositionFromGame:error:] in DGTinyEngine.o
    ld: symbol(s) not found
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

In my otherwise Objective-C only project, DGTinyEngine.mm is using a C+ + engine, hence the need to make it an Objective-C++ file. It imports a "DGFunctions.h" file that amongst other general C functions declares the void DGBoardRepFromGame (DGGame *game, DGBoardRep buffer) function. The function is implemented in a .m file.

It is the call in DGTinyEngine.mm to this function that causes the linker error. If I comment out the call to DGBoardRepFromGame, the project links fine. DGGame is an Objective-C class that is used several places in DGTinyEngine.mm without causing any problems.

What causes the linker error, and what can I do to avoid it?

Thanks in advance,
Joachim