On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 11:20 AM, steph thirion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> By the way, I don't have much experience with profiling, I've only used
> Instruments a bit to check for leaks. Is Shark better than instruments for
> this type of optimizations?

I haven't used Instruments, just Shark. Although - Shark is very, very good.

I just pull it off using KVC. The problem I was having yesterday was that I
> didn't know valueForKey: returned an object (NSCFNumber). There is no
> mention of that on the method documentation..

The reference docs clearly state that valueForKey: returns an id:

    <
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Protocols/NSKeyValueCoding_Protocol/Reference/Reference.html

And, the conceptual docs devote an entire page to detailing how scalar and
structure variables are supported, including specifically what types are
supported, and what object classes are used to "wrap" them:

    <
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/KeyValueCoding/Concepts/DataTypes.html

sherm--