Darrin Cardani wrote:
On Sep 5, 2008, at 11:26 AM, JongAm Park wrote:

How are you doing, all?

I wrote a Final Cut Pro plugin which had a few NSTextFields on it.

What I figured out is that the Final Cut's Edit=>Copy & Paste menu are not enabled and it doesn't allow copy and paste text for the text fields on the plugin window.

I tried checking how other FxP plugins work and they work Ok with the copy and paste.
Can any one explain me how to enable the Copy & Paste for my plugin?
I checked the "First Responder"'s methods and found copy:, paste:, cut: there.

Some plugin like "Cinema Tools Audio EDL..." has its own menu bar while "EDL" shares the menu of the FCP. Because my plugin doesn't have menu resource, if there is a way to share the FCP's, it would be better.

What sort of plugin is this? If it's an FxPlug, you can just use a text edit parameter, and it should behave correctly. This has the added bonus of not needing to write your own code to handle an NSTextView.

There is no published way for 3rd parties to add menu items to FCP.

Darrin
--
Darrin Cardani
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you for your reply.

By the way, I will not add a custom menu items to the FCP.
The Final Cut Pro plugin I'm working on will display a dialog box or a window. There are a few NSTextField, not NSTextView, instance. When a user types some text in the text field instances, he can want to copy/cut and paste text. It was a kind of a free bread for usual Cocoa app. program, but I found out that it was not for the plugin. So, I took a look at other plugins and if it was possible to copy/paste text.

There was a plugin, called "EDL", in the export menu of the FXP, and it doesn't have its own menu items like "Copy", "Cut", and "Paste".
However, the FXP's menu items under the Edit menu were enabled properly.
So, I would like to know how to do so.

I tried searching about the text edit prarameter mentioned, but I couldn't figure out what it is for and how to use it.

FYI, the FXP plugin's super class is NSObject conforms PRODataInterchange protocol.

Thank you.