On Sep 10, 2008, at 9:15 AM, Roman Kishchenko wrote:

So, the solution to the problem seems to implement HTTP protocol from
scratch using sockets and streams and handle described above chunk send semantics there. Before embarking on this interesting programming exercise, I am wondering if there is no simpler way of doing this that I may have
missed. Please, let me know if it is so.

Have you looked at CURL? CURL supports chunked sending.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>