As someone who has written many of these over the years on Windows and recently in Cocoa - its important to note that all of these cloud computing methodologies are just HTTP POST and GET at the basic level. This is an area that .NET works great in, but if you use Win32 you are at a level of hurt that makes Cocoa look like a no brainer :)

Also I find that each implementation of secured web services is always a bit different. You can find Cocoa SOAP classes out there as well as REST examples. But at the simplest level you can get SSL access via just a plain https:// URL within CFNetwork or the NS methods.

Also check out WebServicesCore.
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Networking/Conceptual/UsingWebservices/1_intro_folder/chapter_1_section_1.html

I wouldn't use it myself as its not my cup of tea, but it may help. Here is another thread on using WebServicesCore:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=509880

Maybe some of that will help. Its hard to say because "secured web service" is so generic.