Your window might be set to release on close in IB, causing it to be deallocated instead of just ordered out when the user clicks its close button.

  -- Chris

On Sep 15, 2008, at 6:55 PM, Chris Idou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sorry if this is a bit basic, but I can't figure out why my preference panel only comes up the first time. Second and subsequent times, nothing happens.

I have this code linked to Preferences menu item:

- (IBAction)preferences:(id)sender {
 if (nil == preferencesController) {
   preferencesController = [[NSWindowController alloc]
     initWithWindowNibName:@"Preferences" owner:self];
 }
 [preferencesController showWindow:self];
}

In the NIB, the file's owner is a NSWindowController, and I have linked its window outlet to the Window.