Thanks,

I've been messing about with code all over the place, gone a little blind I think,

however, I now get 2 errors on this line:

1 - nested functions are disabled, use -fnested-functions to renable
2 - syntax error before in

NSArray *customerArray = [custdoc nodesForXPath:@".//customer" error:nil];
                if ([customerArray count]) {
        for (NSXMLNode *customerNode in customerArray) {
NSArray *firstNameArray = [[customerNode nodesForXPath:@".// first_name" error:nil];
                        if ([firstNameArray count]) {
NSString *firstNameString = [[firstNameArray objectAtIndex:0] stringValue];
// do something with the first name string
                                NSLog(@"First name = %@", firstNameString);
                        }
// get other strings

// do something with the other strings

Many Thanks

Amy

    for (NSXMLNode *customerNode in customerArray) {