On Sep 16, 2008, at 4:01 PM, Laurent Cerveau wrote:

Hi

I have an XML document with obviously some problems with it but that needs to be parsed in all cases.

One of the problem is apparently an encoding one as some text read in an editor as "Restaurant, Bar, Bistro, CafÈ" (reopening with an ISO-8859-1 Windows apparently is solving the issue). The XML file itself specifies no encoding.

The problem that I have is that such string will be reported as "Restaurant, Bar, Bistro, Caf" by the parser in its "foundCharacters" delegate method (and if the strange letter is in the middle of a word , this last one is cut).

Is there a way to "force an encoding" for an NSXMLParser? If not is there an appropriate way to track that such confusion is happening?

Many thanks

laurent

Keep in mind that parser:foundCharacters: may be called several times for a single string. You need to keep adding together the strings sent to parser:foundCharacters: until the parser:didEndElement:namespaceURI:qualifiedName: method is called.

--Nathan