I've noticed that when using the mask property in a CALayer, the mask itself defines what part of the containing layer shows through rather than what part of the layer is actually covered or masked. I'm sure it's just me, but this logic seems inverted from what it ought to be. Is there a simple way to invert the logic so that when you define a mask, it allows everything in the backing layer to show through *except* what's defined in the mask?

Thanks.

-Matt