On Sep 17, 2008, at 2:24 PM, dreamcat7 wrote:

If use Core Data, then can my class be part of a framework ?

Yes. You can use Core Data in pretty much any situation where you would use Foundation.

Core Data is not restricted to applications that the user interacts with. For one example, if you have a Core Data-based document format, you will need to use Core Data from both your Spotlight importer and Quick Look generator, not just from your application, to access its underlying structure.

In a situation like I've described, you could even choose to encapsulate the basic Core Data-based document format support in a framework. You could embed this framework in your application wrapper and link to it from your application, your Spotlight importer, and your Quick Look generator; doing so is easily possible on Leopard using the @rpath mechanism.

So don't let the fact that you may not be directly building an end- user app dissuade you from using Core Data. Anywhere you need to deal with a graph of model objects, Core Data will be useful.

  -- Chris