on 2008-09-18 7:03 AM, Memo Akten at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In my app I'd like to check for system idle time, and perform an
> action after a set amount of time. I've found this code to check for
> system idle time
> http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/cocoa/2004/10/27/120354
>
> is this still the best way to do it on leopard?

Look at the Quartz Event Services Reference document and the
CGEventSourceSecondsSinceLastEventType function. Pass kCGAnyInputEventType
in the eventType parameter to get the seconds since the last event of any
type. For most purposes, the source parameter value should be an event
source created using kCGEventSourceStateCombinedSessionState. I believe this
is available and documented for Tiger and Leopard.

--

Bill Cheeseman - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quechee Software, Quechee, Vermont, USA

PreFab Software - www.prefabsoftware.com