I found this page to be helpful:

http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1133.html

It's about the currently-logged in user, but the MyNotificationProc callback is called for a lot of changes, including IIRC the network connection transitions.

In the callback function you can do something like this:

    NSArray* arr = (NSArray*)changedKeys;
    NSLog(@"changed keys %@", [arr description]);

to sort of figure out what kinds of information you're getting.

--Bob

--
Bob Clark
Lead Software Development Engineer