On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Dalzhim Dalzhim
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have followed the Interface Builder Plug-in Programmation Guide in order
> to make my first ibplugin and there is one problem I haven't been able to
> solve yet.  It is stated that when opening a nib file, interface builder
> looks at every linked-in framework from the associated xcode project and
> automatically loads all the ibplugins located in the resources folder of
> these frameworks.  And this is the only behaviour which I can't reproduce.
>
> I have already searched a lot in order to make this work and up to now, I am
> using @loader_path/../Frameworks as the installation directory for my
> framework.  I have added a run script build phase which creates a symbolic
> link in the Contents folder of my ibplugin file so that it points to the
> location where my Framework resides (6 folders higher in the folder
> hierarchy: ../../../../../..) and this way I have been able to load up my
> plugin both in my application and through the plugins tab in Interface
> Builder's preferences.  Although, if I start Interface Builder without
> having the plugin already installed and that I open up a nib from a xcode
> project which links with my framework, it fails to load the nib file saying
> that the required plug-ins aren't installed.  I have tried running Interface
> Builder from the command line in order to see any error messages but nothing
> is being printed to the console unlike what happens if I try to manually
> install the plug-in.  In fact I used these console errors to figure out how
> to create my symbolic link.
>
> Now that I've presented my problem, here is my question.  Is it possible
> that @loader_path is different when Interface Builder loads up ibplugins
> from linked-in frameworks than when one manually adds a plugin through the
> preferences window?  If that is the case, maybe another well placed symbolic
> link could finally allow my plugin to work in every use case I can imagine.

I would have thought that @loader_path would be the same thing each
time, namely the path of the plugin binary (minus the last path
component, of course).

I'm not sure exactly what your problem might be, but if you type 'man
dyld' you'll find a bunch of debugging environment variables you can
set which might help you track it down.

Mike