Greetings.

I am trying to retrieve some specific data from a XML document.

<data>
        <department>
                <employe id="1">
                        <name>abcd</name>
                </employe>
                <employe id="2">
                        <name>efrh</name>
                </employe>
                <employe id="3">
                        <name>ijkl</name>
                </employe>
                <employe id="4">
                        <name>mnop</name>
                </employe>
        </department>
</data>

so I'm trying to query the XML document with the following XPath string.

[... stringWithFormat:@".//data/department/employe[id=\"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"]", [employeID stringValue]]

this returns no objects.

if i try the same line without th attribute in the query
[".//data/department/employe"]

I receive an array with all the employe records, witch is the expected behavior.

what am I doing wrong in the first query, the documentation says this.
.//part/chapter[1]/section[title="Path Expressions"]
The evaluation of a path expression works from left to right. This expression first gets all the elements named part and from that selects the first element named chapter; from that it gets all child elements named section, and from that sequence it returns the section element whose title is “Path Expressions”. XPath also lets you find attributes by name by using an at-sign (@) prefix. For example, the following path expression gets the modification date (an attribute) of the first chapter:

Thank you any help is appreciated.