I have a single nsview that draws the main content area for my application
and a bottom statusbar. This was done instead of using two different views
so the user can move objects from the statusbar to the main content area,
all with core animation effects. The view is not opaque. The problem I'm
having, though, is that I want the user to be able to drag the window when
the mouse is down on the statusbar, but not the main content area. In other
words, if the mousedown is within the statusbar's rectangle I want to return
YES for mouseDownCanMoveWindow. But if the mousedown is within the main
content area rectangle, I want to return NO. I have already tried setting a
flag in the mouseDown method and then returning that
in mouseDownCanMoveWindow. But it doesn't work. I guess mouseDown is not
called before mouseDownCanMoveWindow. Anyway, does anyone have any other
suggestions for this?
The only other thing I can think to do is setting a flag on mouseEnter and
mouseExit of the statusbar rectangle, but that doesn't seem particularly
elegant.

Thanks,
Dan