On Oct 2, 2008, at 8:41 AM, Laurent Cerveau wrote:

Hi

I'd like to programmatically mov to trash a file from an afp mounted volume. I have been using NSWorkspace with NSWorkspaceRecycleOperation but it fails (tag returned is -1).
Is there a way to get a more exact description of the error?

I tried to move to FSPathMoveObjectToTrashSync and it returns an error -120 (directory not found). I look on the mounted volume and .Trash seems not to be here. By itself not a real problem but is there a way to trigger NSWorkspace or the FileManager to display a dialog like in Finder saying "the file will be deleted immediately and other thing"

No, the frameworks don't have this feature. You might consider using scripting to ask the Finder to move the file to the trash.

-Peter