On 03/10/2008, at 2:52 PM, Ken Tozier wrote:

Hi

I need to create an interface with collapsible views (much like those in InterfaceBuilder's "inspector" palette) and am having a hard time figuring out what exactly to use as the base in IB 3.0. In older versions of IB, there was a "panel" view which allowed for this stuff, but that appears to be gone in 3.0. What should I use? And how can I create a generic collapsible view widget?

I made a bunch of custom view classes for an earlier version of my app but it required writing over 70 individual custom views and eventually the complicated interactions between all these parts got away from me. I couldn't get the refreshing right in response to window resizing so I thought I'd take a crack at creating these custom views in IB.

I badly need a generic collapsible view that can contain any number of other views (again much like IB 3.0 Inspector palette)

Any links to example projects or tips greatly appreciated.

I've implemented something like this myself and it's definitely more complicated than it should be. I found the best sample code is the CollapsibleBox class in the Reducer sample:

http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/Reducer/

--
Rob Keniger