On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Jerry Krinock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As far as I can see, this is another symptom of a bug which I found back in
> March 2008 in Mac OS 10.3.
>
> The bug is that when an application is run in Mac OS 10.3.9, it crashes when
> a method in an NSScanner category that is defined in a framework does a
> simple scan.  It runs fine in Mac OS 10.5, and indications are, 10.4.

How strange! Your project looks completely ordinary to me....

> My solution is to tell Mac OS 10.3.9 users that they are not getting any
> more updates, and then I'll have to make the old version available
> "manually" when they need it.  Kind of a pain, but not as painful as keeping
> an Xcode 3.0 around.

Seems like a reasonable fix to me. However, *if* you felt like trying
something else, how about using a subclass of NSScanner rather than a
category? You'll have to either re-point your code at it or use
poseAsClass:, but it might solve the problem. Of course I completely
understand a desire to simply cut loose from the 10.3 population
instead.

Mike