did you connect the window outlet of Files Owner in interface builder to the window?

On Oct 4, 2008, at 6:08 PM, Ken Tozier wrote:

I created the following NSWindowController subclass which loads and displays a window without problem, but am finding that whenever I try to actually access the window with [NSWindowController window] it always returns null.

- (id) init
{
        NSBundle *bundle = [NSBundle bundleForClass: [self class]];
NSString *nibPath = [bundle pathForResource: @"PMScriptPalette" ofType: @"nib"];

        self = [super initWithWindowNibPath: nibPath owner: self];
        if (self)
        {
                NSLog(@"[self window]: %@", [self window]);
NSLog(@"[[self window] contentView]: %@", [[self window] contentView]);
        }

        return self;
}

I added another test in a "show" method but still get null

- (void) show
{
        NSLog(@"show: [self window]: %@", [self window]);
        [[self window] orderFront: self];
}

Anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance