On Oct 7, 2008, at 8:26 AM, John Love wrote:

So just for whatever, I pass object:nil to addObserver:selector:name:object:. Then, within my selector I test for the type of passed encapsulated object and something(?) doesn't work. My selector gets called for my first new MyDocument. But when I open up a second new MyDocument, the Debugger complains about an invalid aSelector. I don't understand what's going on, so I'm looking for help.

Please provide the exact error from the debugger. My guess would be that you have some sort of memory management error, or that you didn't provide the correct selector (Note that a ":" at the end of a method name is significant, and needs to be included in the selector).

j o a r