On 8 Oct 2008, at 4:00 pm, Nirias wrote:

It seems I must be doing something wrong since the NSWindow class have a property for NSWIndowController isnt documented to always return NULL. And it is hard to believe that the architects of cocoa intended to require that
every bit of shared data be defined as global.

Your approach looks basically right to me.

If [window windowController] is returning nil it may suggest that you haven't hooked everything together properly in IB. Have you connected the 'window' outlet of the controller to the window object? Forgetting to do that is common and very often things almost work anyway, so it might not leap out as an obvious problem.

hth, Graham