Hello, all ...

If a certain flag is set, my app needs to advance to the next item in a list to process it when the previous item is done. However, I want the user to still be able to stop it, so I don't want to hang the UI. In effect, if this flag is set, I want the app to act as if the user had manually selected the next item to process.

In Win32, one way I could do this is by using PostMessage() -- when the current item is finished processing, it would post a message to the relevant threads' message queue and it would get processed, just as if the message was put there as a result of a GUI action. How do I do this in Cocoa, or is there a better way?

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
http://www.fallingyou.com