On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Ian Joyner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm just trying to work out what NSNull really is in the Cocoa context. Is
> it an object in Cocoa? I think (from other environments) that it is a type
> signifying "no object". Since NSNull may be a "valid" value of any other
> type, is it counted as a subtype of every other type (hence the ultimate
> subclass)? I think a good and simple (one that doesn't make my brain hurt)
> definition of NSNull is important in order to ensure software correctness.

The type system can, and often must, be willingly ignored, so you
can't rely on it to demonstrate anything about your program's
correctness.

If it's a strong type system you seek, I suggest you look elsewhere.
Like, somewhere other than desktop Macintosh software development, for
which all the popular languages have incredibly weak type systems.

--Kyle Sluder