I want to implement opening a document from stationery. This opens a new 'untitled' document but preloaded with the content from the template file. It's pretty much working using the following code:

NSDocument* newDoc = [[NSDocumentController sharedDocumentController] openDocumentWithContentsOfURL:url display:YES error:&outError];

        [newDoc setFileURL:nil];

But you can see the window title briefly display the original filename before being set to 'untitled'. To try and fix that I tried passing NO in the display: parameter, then calling -showWindows after setting the URL to nil, but that doesn't show anything at all.

So, what's the right way to handle this?

tia,

Graham