I need to be notified when a row of an NSOutlineView was clicked, and find out which row. Do I need to subclass it? Just thought I'd ask, since I've read that new Cocoa programmers might tend to subclass more than they ought.

The NSOutlineViewSelectionDidChangeNotification is not sufficient, because in the case of a modified click that causes a multiple selection, I need to know the individual row that was clicked.
--
  James W. Walker, Innoventive Software LLC
  <http://www.frameforge3d.com/>