On Oct 14, 2008, at 8:11 AM, Martin Redington wrote:
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Andy Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If it helps with the ick factor, I
would say that it's much less hacky to take advantage of one method's
documented purpose -- "do something when the selection changes, even if it's via keyboard" -- than to do trivial overrides of multiple methods that you
select by trial and error.

Fair comment, although the documentation for setSendsActionOnArrowKeys
doesn't really state that explicitly - it probably wouldn't have
occurred to me to try that for a long time.

Yeah, I was stretching for the interpretation my conscience would be most comfortable with :). I think it's worth filing a Radar requesting notifications analogous to NSTableViewSelectionIsChangingNotification and NSTableViewSelectionDidChangeNotification.

I did a quick search for a third-party alternative to NSBrowser, along the lines of what Rainer Brockerhoff did with RBSplitView. I thought maybe there would be something at Cocoatech <http://www.cocoatech.com/opensource.php >. But I haven't found anything.

--Andy