Am 14.10.2008 um 00:51 schrieb Jim Correia:

Problem #3:

My current hack is to begin the implicit animations in a group, and use a perform delayed action to cleanup after the animation (based on the groups interval.)

This feels like a hack though. Is there a better way?

I don't have a robust, good solution. but if you set the CAAnimationGroup delegate you might get the animationDidStop delegate method called.
Based on my empiric testing the gotcha is
a.) to know which views need cleanup one needs unique delegate objects
b.) the delegates are not guaranteed to be called - when an animation gets reapplied during a running animation the delegate method is not invoked, which introduces the problem of releasing the cleanup- delegates...

Maybe someone at Quartz-Dev has some better ideas (I need als a solution for #3. My hack to remove subviews after they are animated out - of - frame needs some serious improvement..)
Regards,
        Tom_E