On Oct 17, 2008, at 9:38 AM, Karl Moskowski wrote:

In my Leopard-only app, I'm successfully using the LSSharedFileList APIs to add & remove my app from the Login Items list, and to check at launch if it's in the list (so I can correctly default the setting in the app's prefs window).

Is there a way to get notified when the entry is manually added or removed by the user from System Preferences? This way, I could keep my prefs check-box consistent with System Preferences while the app running.

I've tried adding the com.apple.loginitems and loginwindow suites to NSUserDefaults then listening for NSUserDefaultsDidChangeNotification, but that didn't work.

Consider syncing with the list every time your app is activated. A user won't be able to add or remove items from SysPrefs without first deactivating your app, and when your app is activated again, you'll pick up any changes.

-Peter