On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Dale Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does the word 'type' here mean 'the
> class of the exception object'?

Yes.  It means "type" as in the type system.  If the class of the
exception being thrown is equal to or is a subclass of the type of the
pointer provided in the @catch directive, then that @catch block will
be executed.  The first one to match wins.

> I do have some experience with exception handling, but Objective-C's has
> very few parallels with that of mainframe assembler.

This is a very different sort of exception handling.  Hardware
exception handling has better parallels with the signal system (`man 3
signal` for more info).  Exception handling in most languages is more
involved with the structure of your program.

--Kyle Sluder