On Oct 18, 2008, at 14:35 , Pierce Freeman wrote:

Hi everyone.

I have been attempting to create a NSAlert popup and get the result (so it can run an if statement) for the last few hours, but I still can't get it to work. My current code is below, if anyone wants to have a look see... If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated!

the runModal message blocks until the alert is cleared and then returns the code directly. If you want the alert message to be async, you should send the beginSheetModalForWindow
message (see the NSAlert documentation...)

To make your code work, simply do something like this:

if( [askToContinue runModal] != NSAlertDefaultReturn ) {
        // do something interesting...
}

Sincerely,

Pierce F.