On Oct 19, 2008, at 14:22 , Stephen J. Butler wrote:

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Benjamin Dobson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If I enable JavaScript in my WebView, it exits with status 2, after printing "Debugger() was called!" to the console. When I disable it, it works fine –
but without JavaScript. My code (URL given as an example):

[[webView mainFrame] loadRequest:[NSURLRequest requestWithURL: [NSURL
URLWithString:@"http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_examples.asp";]]];

That's it. Simply loading the page crashes the application. If this doesn't
crash it, clicking on the "Next" link at the bottom
will.

Works fine for me. Simple Cocoa application, create the proper
connections, and put this in the app delegate:

- (void) applicationDidFinishLaunching:(NSNotification*)aNotification
{
   NSLog( @"isJavaScriptEnabled = %d", [[webView preferences]
isJavaScriptEnabled] );
   [[webView mainFrame] loadRequest:[NSURLRequest
requestWithURL:[NSURL
URLWithString:@"http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_examples.asp";]]];
}

Console prints a 1, and the page doesn't crash. I think your problem
lies with some other part of your code.

Actually, the exception you get looks like you're dereferencing an integer somewhere... possibly
something like:

NSLog(@"The return code: %@", returnCode);

Which would cause that exception...