Hi all,

I'm a novice as far as Cocoa is concerned having only just finished Aaron Hillegass' book on programming for OS X. It's been going fairly well until I actually wanted to apply the ideas to my own project!

I've written a ruby command line utility that has a model stored in a plist file and I felt a prefpane would be a good solution for editing the Plist.

I have some very basic questions that I'm fairly ashamed that I even have to ask, but I've scoured the web for prefpane based tutorials for XCode 3 without joy, so there's nothing for it but to go ahead and ask a stupid question.

Having constructed a preference subclass with the appropiate outlets corresponding to those I've placed in the nib file, I'm getting an NSObject and setting it's class to the preference pane subclass with my outlets in it, but this seems to be giving me an unexpected choice of outlets when I'm trying to connect them. I was hoping to see the outlets broadcastIP, printers and servers. Instead I see _FirstKeyView, _InitialKeyView, _LastKeyView window and New Referencing Outlet. Am I supposed to use something other than an NSObject when it's a preference pane in order to make connections?

Thank you very much,

Adam Penny