This is actually quite difficult. I can send you details later today. In my case, I needed accessibility and mimic the Aqua radio buttons in terms of all their behaviors.

I ended up subclassing NSMatrix and NSActionCell. I could not get a subclass of NSButtonCell in an NSMatrix to work completely.

Sent from my iPhone